Monday, June 6, 2011

My Day in El Valle (Vah-yay)

¡Buenos Noches!

The evening is thick and my pack of nerds candy is moist, like most everything here in Panama. Due to the humidity, not much becomes dry/ remains dry.
But I love it!
Expectations. That is something I am learning about here. I am learning how quickly any type of expectation can be manipulated and thrown out all together, and that it usually results in something quite beautiful.
I know that originally I said I had no expectations for this trip, but if I am being honest, of course I did. I expected to come to the Upton's home in Farallon, live and love. Upon arriving in the country we spent the night with Miriam's brother and sister-in-law, and it wasn't late until my second night here that we made it to Farallon. I have been here a total of six nights and tonight will be the third night I have slept in "my bed" here.
But it is wonderful! I have had the oppourtunity to form relationships with David and Lisa (Miriam's brother and sister-in-law), and meet their roommate Allison. I have also been able to attend a Panamanian graduation and share several meals with other English speakers in a Spanish speaking country.
So, I suppose I have been taught a lesson in my own ignorance towards the situations that life will lend itself to. Only God knows, and of course he knows best. Learning to let God fully take control of my life, and especially my time in Panama is essential and a task I am longing to fulfill.
Enough with learning, I have pictures! Here we go!
the rain jacket is doing the job.

House church in El Valle. The woman in the middle is of the Kuna tribe.

The view from the house I stayed at in El Valle.


 Miriam and I in the zoo in El Valle. Look at the montañas.

Oh hey, that is a sloth.

David, Lisa, Miriam, Mark

Thank you for reading!
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment