Thursday, June 16, 2011

Libre Almohadas

¡Buenas!

The group from Memphis is officially here and today was the second full day for them to be doing work in Farallon. They have done some amazing things like build septic tanks, parts of homes, repainted school buildings, and taught english. I am proud to be helping with such a hardworking group of young men and women.
Beginning to mix some concreto!

 Teaching a little english.






I also wanted to tell you bit about an incident that happened before the group got to Panama. Last Saturday we had a movie night for the community in our front yard. We set up a projector on the porch and told all the kids to bring something to sit on and they all filed in about 6:30 to begin watching the movie (we watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in Spanish). Some of the kids brought pillows to lay on and all was well. The next day we were cleaning up the house in prep for the team that would be arriving the next day and I spotted a pillow laying on the porch and realized that it must be one of the boys that were over at our house the night before during the movie. So there were some boys in the back yard chasing their chickens and I asked them who owned the pillow, one claimed it, and I also gave the boy a starfruit I had picked earlier that day in El Cope. Just a bit later our neighbor and mother of the boy I gave the fruit and pillow to came over and was asking me about the fruit I gave her son. I was just saying that I had picked two of the fruits in El Cope today and didn't need both and so on. She was agreeing with me all along and thanking me for it and on on. Then Miriam joined in to help me with the conversation, because my Spanish is somewhat lacking. I asked Saudia something along the lines of, was the fruit sweet? At that point she was very confused and it became clear that she was asking if we really meant to give them the pillow. I then realized that I had just given Miriam's pillow away to the neighbors. I was really embarrassed and it was just so funny that Saudia was talking about a pillow the whole time and I was saying I had gotten in a different city on a tree. So that was that.
Here are some photo highlights since my last blog!
I mean..this is so cute.

Doing some face masks with the girls, and that is me giving sweet lady kisses to my favorite John.


This is a craft I did with some of the kids. It is a shell with a twig weaved through a flower petal and attached together with a piece of clay to make a little sail boat.

I hope that you enjoyed! I miss you all and am so glad you are reading this! God is moving in big ways here.
Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE SO ADORABLE! What specific prayer requests do you have? need me to send something to you?

    ReplyDelete