Wednesday, June 22, 2011

From El Valle, With Love

Dear Reader,
The Sycamore View group left on Monday and now I am in the beautiful El Valle once more. Our next group from Dallas will be here Saturday evening and until then, I am living it up in paradise. I am staying at the home of Aaron and Janet Chowing. They are wonderful.

Notice, the family is pictured here to the right.


Today we went to see something called "Piadro Pintada." It was this giant rock with ancient petroglyphs in the middle of Panamanian rain forest. It was so cool and beautiful. Hiking up to the carvings made me feel so out-doorsy and inspired to do some more hiking hopefully around the world. I will only wear pants that can double as a shelter/parachute/hammock/backpack, because I will just be hiking everywhere and only wearing the multi-purposed pants. The following is from my little hike today.

This is the rock with the ancient carvings. I am also pictured here in my skirt that I hiked in. Could have had a better choice in wardrobe on my part.

Hiking.

Hiked over this little bridge.

Just a waterfall. 
So, with the group, I left Farallon for Vista Allegre and did a series of VBS's and a carnival with the church there. The Sycamore crew was so wonderful and welcoming of me. We were all able to laugh together and enjoy the time we had. I was sad to let them go on Monday morning. The following are some photo highlights from my time with the group.


The yellow is my strange piece of artwork, and you can't really see it, but the other kids are drawing the same pac man/sun licking a cloud.

I told these girls that I knew Justin Beiber. They had a lot of questions for me, and also thought I was real cool. I think it was more because of the Beibs.

This is Jamal. Jamal knew the Clay face before I even said anything about it. 

Awkward picture with a giant gorilla.

Well those were my highlights! This Saturday our second of three groups arrives. They will also be focusing their efforts in Farallon. Keep us in your prayers!
Peace out!
Katelyn







No comments:

Post a Comment